Direct debit system refers to a scheme whereby an instruction is given to a banking institution that allows a transaction to be carried out.
How it works?
- Originator create contract specifying start/end date of contract, how much and when transaction needs to take place and which accounts needs to be debited and credited.
- Originating bank send mandate to paying bank passing through clearing house (BOM).
- Paying bank adhere to direct debit instructions and process the mandate. Accept or reject.
- If mandate is accepted, account of payer is debited while account of originator is credited.
- If mandate is rejected, paying bank sends a return file to originating bank who informs concerned parties.
Our main clients for Direct Debit are:
- ABC Banking Limited
- Bank of Baroda
- Habib Banking Limited
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation
- The Mauritius Revenue Authority